Become an Approved Registered Caterer

  1. Approved Registered Caterer Application and Requirements
    Valid July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021

  2. Instructions:Complete, sign and submit the form below. All fields are required unless otherwise indicated. Once you press the submit button, a PDF will be generated. Please print and sign the PDF form. The information is not saved when you press submit. Send the signed form, registration fee and all required documents to:

    Conference and Event Services
    Attn: Registered Caterer Application
    1050 Orchard Road
    Davis, CA 95616

    Properly completed application materials will be reviewed, payment processed, and a receipt sent via email to the owner. Incomplete applications will not be processed and the owner will be notified of the information needed for approval. Questions can be directed to

  3. Step 1: Complete the following information regarding your business

  4. Establishment Information

  5. Catering Contact

  6. Owner Information

  7. STEP 2: Please check all conditions that apply to your business.

      • Zero waste materials are those materials that can either be recycled or placed in compost. Caterers must provide these products to make events compliant with campus zero waste policies. If you do not comply, your establishment will be removed from the list and your application fee forfeited.

  8. STEP 3: Please provide us with the following items/documents. Incomplete applications will be held until proper documentation is submitted and will prevent the caterer from doing business at UC Davis.

  9. To ensure timely processing of your application, please ensure that the following items/documents are included. Incomplete applications will be returned.

  10. REQUIRED: Application Fee

  11. A non-refundable application fee of $500 for registration is due upon receipt of the signed application form. Please make check payable to the Regents of the University of California.
    Fee is for the stated period on the application only and is not prorated.

  12. REQUIRED: County Environmental Health Permit

    1. Please provide a copy of your current health permit. Business name must match all other documents.

  13. REQUIRED: Food Handler's Certificate

    1. Please provide a copy of your current Food Handler's safety certificate (ex. issued from ServSafe).

  14. REQUIRED: Insurance certificate naming Regents of the University of California as an additional insured and obligates the insurer to notify UC Davis at least thirty (30) days prior to cancellation or changes in any of the required insurance. The certificate of insurance should read:

    Regents of the University of California
    University of California, Davis
    One Shields Avenue
    Davis CA 95616

  15. REQUIRED: General Liability Insurance (comprehensive or commercial form) with the following minimum limits. If such insurance is written on a claims-made form, it shall be subject to the University's approval as to survival of coverage and the retroactive date of placement.

    • Each Occurrence $1,000,000
    • Products and Incomplete Operations $1,000,000
    • Personal and Advertising Injury $1,000,000
    • General Aggregate $2,000,000

  16. REQUIRED: Commercial Automobile Liability for owned, scheduled, non-owned, or hired automobiles with a combined single limit of no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence (minimum limit). In lieu of Commercial Automobile Liability, a "rider" on Personal Auto Insurance verifying policy coverage in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence (minimum limit) as well as a statement specifying commercial/business use of the vehicle being insured may be submitted.

  17. REQUIRED: Workers' Compensation Insurance as required under California State Law.

  18. OPTIONAL: Liquor Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence (minimum limit) is required in order to serve alcohol (no sale) on campus without a Type 58 Caterer's Permit from the California Alcoholic Beverage Control.

  19. OPTIONAL: If providing catering from a vehicle (Food Truck), you must also provide the following:

    • Proof of inspection by the health department in the county in which the food truck is permanently licensed.
    • Proof of inspection by the EH&S department at UC Davis.
    • All required items above.

  20. Such other insurance in such amounts as from time to time may be reasonably required by mutual consent of UC Davis and Caterer against such other insurable hazards relating to performance.

  21. Step 4: Fees.

    1. Please select package below.

  22. STEP 5: Please read the following guidelines, check appropriate boxes, print application, sign and send along with required documents and fee.

  23. STEP 6: Generate PDF, print, sign and submit form with fee and copies of required documents.

  24. Print the PDF generated after you clicked on the submit button above. Please print, sign, and send the form to the address indicated at the top of this document and send it along with the application fee and copies of the required documents.